This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Minimal GCC/Linux shared lib + EH bug example
- From: "Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve" <rwgk at cci dot lbl dot gov>
- To: loewis at informatik dot hu-berlin dot de
- Cc: c++std-ext at research dot att dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, jason at redhat dot com, mark at codesourcery dot com, rwgk at boa dot lbl dot gov
- Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 15:24:12 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: Minimal GCC/Linux shared lib + EH bug example
Martin v. Loewis wrote:
> You might be surprised how many users have that expectation. As you
> know, Ralf originally was linking a static libboost, and it never
> occurred to him that something might be wrong in the build process.
This is not quite accurate: I really had not concept of what is going
on under the hood. Attempts to find documentation about dynamic loading
did not produce any material that I, as the average user, could easily
absorb (did I miss something?). So I just stuck to what seemed to
work until it started breaking many months later.
Once you guys have figured out what "the right" approach is, PLEASE
document it clearly and in a way that can be understood by a wider