This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: 3.2 PATCH: Ada parallel bootstrap fixes
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: Rainer Orth <ro at TechFak dot Uni-Bielefeld dot DE>
- Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 12:31:43 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: 3.2 PATCH: Ada parallel bootstrap fixes
[ gcc -> gcc-patches ]
On Tue, 14 May 2002, Rainer Orth wrote:
> * It restores the dependencies of gnat1 etc. on $(CONFIG_H) and prefix.o,
> otherwise insn-constants.h and insn-flags.h may not exist before they are
> used. An equivalent patch by Richard Henderson has been lost in the last
> ACT merge and not been restored yet ;-(
How many *other* patches have been lost by these merges and still
not restored yet by those doing these merges -- despite, for example,
Joseph's repeated requests?
I'm starting to get quite worried about the way Ada is maintained,
where folks who are not Ada maintainers need to resolve (release)
critical issues, merges are done such that changes in the GCC
repository get lost, etc.
Gerald "Jerry" firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/~pfeifer/