Re: documentation on the build process

On Sun, May 12, 2002 at 09:34:05PM +0200, Per Fransson wrote:
> I'm wondering if there is any documentation available on GCC:s build
> process: how the makefiles are constructed during configuring and how
> the makefiles themselves are organized.

For starters, there's a chapter in the "GCC Internals" manual.  Look in
the online documentation linked off of the home page.

Many subdirectories use autoconf, and some of those additionally use
automake, so to understand those, go to sources.redhat.com and read the
online manuals for those two packages.

Phil