This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Dumb register allocation (PPC)
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- To: law at redhat dot com, Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 19:54:56 -0400
- Subject: Re: Dumb register allocation (PPC)
Please see the
Trivial code generation stupidity thread:
which evolved into the
cant_combine_insn_p hard_reg->reg moves thread:
This is a general difficulty of GCC handling argument registers. The new
register alloctor will allow us to start addressing it.