This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Minimal GCC/Linux shared lib + EH bug example
- From: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "Martin v. Loewis" <martin at v dot loewis dot de>,David Abrahams <david dot abrahams at rcn dot com>,"Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve" <rwgk at cci dot lbl dot gov>,"gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 23:08:45 +0100
- Subject: Re: Minimal GCC/Linux shared lib + EH bug example
- References: <88580000.1021230060@warlock.codesourcery.com><wvlheldjhjg.fsf@prospero.cambridge.redhat.com>
>>>>> "Jason" == Jason Merrill <jason@redhat.com> writes:
> I suspect that this is really a bug in the Linux dynamic loader, that the
> typeinfo references should bind separately for the two DSOs, as David has
> suggested. I've verified that this test works properly on Solaris, though
> my investigation as to why must wait while I build a new gdb.
Oddly, Solaris seems to have the same resolution semantics as Linux for the
type_info node itself, but manages to combine the name symbols; perhaps
because they are read-only. Anyway, that's why the test passes, not
because it has David's desired semantics.
Jason