This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: accessing higher portions of registers
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Danish Samad <danishsamad at yahoo dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 13:37:36 -0700
- Subject: Re: accessing higher portions of registers
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Fri, May 10, 2002 at 02:01:57AM -0700, Danish Samad wrote:
> How do you tell gcc,through the machine description
> file, to access the higher portion of a register.
As stated, that question is meaningless. What's "higher"?
I'm guessing you want either ZERO_EXTRACT or SIGN_EXTRACT.