gcc front end

Hi ,
I'm currently trying to make a tool that'll generate
UML specs from c++ code.

I am searching for a library version of GNU's C++
front end , and documentation on its interface
(through which I can query its internal data str.)

I'm using g++ 2.96 on linux 7.2.

Could you please guide me to the correct library and
where I could download it ?
I explored the links on the gcc pages but could not
locate these.

thanks & regards,
praveen.