This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Benchmarks gcc 3.0.4 (soon 3.1) vs. Intel C++ 6.0
- From: Jack Lloyd <lloyd at acm dot jhu dot edu>
- To: "Gcc at Gnu dot Org" <gcc at gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 10:33:52 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: Benchmarks gcc 3.0.4 (soon 3.1) vs. Intel C++ 6.0
- Organization: JHU ACM/CS/SRL
On Thu, 9 May 2002, Jan Hubicka wrote:
> Note that comparing gcc to Intel C++, Intel C++ seems to win for numeric code,
> while for integer code, the results are usually much more balanced.
I just yesterday got a copy of Intel C++ 6.0 and compiled benchmarks of a
bunch of integer heavy code (virtually no fp used). I found GCC 3.0.4 to be
GCC: -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -fstrict-aliasing -march=athlon
ICC: -O2 -tp i686 -ip
YMMV and all that. -Jack