This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [new-regalloc-branch]: Bootstrap failure on s390x
- From: "Hartmut Penner" <HPENNER at de dot ibm dot com>
- To: Michael Matz <matz at suse dot de>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, "Ulrich Weigand" <Ulrich dot Weigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 09:16:45 +0200
- Subject: Re: [new-regalloc-branch]: Bootstrap failure on s390x
>On Tue, 7 May 2002, Hartmut Penner wrote:
>I'll commit the fix in a moment. But obviously cc1 later is miscompiled,
>as it segfaults (though other programs like the gen* things work). I
>haven't yet investigated.
Thanks, the fix works, and I will take a look for the miscompile...
Regarding the ragalloc I have some question:
Are you interested in feedback regarding compiles on the S390 plattform?
Is there anything to change in the backend to make better use of the
register allocator? Could we help you in any way to get the new code
Mit freundlichem Gruß / Best regards,
GCC for S/390 Development
Internet Mail Address : firstname.lastname@example.org