This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [new-regalloc-branch]: Bootstrap failure on s390x
- From: Michael Matz <matz at suse dot de>
- To: Hartmut Penner <HPENNER at de dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 18:20:31 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: [new-regalloc-branch]: Bootstrap failure on s390x
On Tue, 7 May 2002, Hartmut Penner wrote:
> I tested the new regalloc branch to bootstrap on S390x (64 bit plattform)
> and failed with an abort.
> In add_subweb2 ref_rtx is of the form (subreg:DI (reg:TI 86) 0) and the
> size_word is set to 12. This leads to mode == BLKmode and the abort.
> I think the error is the 12 as size_word.
I'll commit the fix in a moment. But obviously cc1 later is miscompiled,
as it segfaults (though other programs like the gen* things work). I
haven't yet investigated.