This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: i386 and asm jumping
- From: dewar at gnat dot com (Robert Dewar)
- To: dewar at gnat dot com, schwab at suse dot de
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, jh at suse dot cz, jrydberg at rtmk dot org
- Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 10:02:07 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: i386 and asm jumping
>>What's wrong with computed goto in this situation?
Lots of machines have interesting branch instructions which you may want
to generate for some particular reason. After all if you take the above
attitude, *any* inserted asm can always be replaced by C code :-)