This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Ada does not build (line too long)
- From: Florian Weimer <fw at deneb dot enyo dot de>
- To: Geert Bosch <bosch at gnat dot com>
- Cc: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, dewar at gnat dot com
- Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 23:53:31 +0200
- Subject: Re: Ada does not build (line too long)
- References: <3A29ED28-613B-11D6-974A-00039344BF4A@gnat.com>
Geert Bosch <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> On Monday, May 6, 2002, at 05:43 , Florian Weimer wrote:
>> Perhaps we should merge the changes from mainline which eliminates the
>> revision numbers for these files. Comments?
> It is too late to merge changes from the mainline now. Originally, this
> was the idea, but the front end/back end interface changed after 3.1
> branched and that made it impractical to do.
We are talking about xnmake generating comment lines which are so long
that you cannot compile the sources in -gnatg mode.
No code generator involved at all.