Re: Still failing to bootstrap on Solaris (CONFIG_SHELL doesn't help)

David> For reference the most detailed posting I can find on this
David> issue is:
David> http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/java/2002-03/msg00348.html
David> and from what I can tell, it is intentional behavior and not a bug in
David> the Solaris linker.  Why do we need to specify -lgcj when linking
David> together libgcj.so?  That looks bogus...

It doesn't happen when linking libgcj.so.  It happens when linking
jv-convert or other programs in libgcj.  Getting rid of the explicit
-lgcj doesn't help.  There is more information on this in the
archives; look around the time that the top-level configure patch went
in.  Basically I think it can't be better than it is now :-(

Tom