Re: PA specifies invalid T_ADAFLAGS

In message <20020425004856.B2022@redhat.com>, Richard Henderson writes:
 > On Thu, Apr 25, 2002 at 09:08:09AM +0200, Arnaud Charlet wrote:
 > > It sure has. This patch is pretty old at this stage. The situation has bee
 > > reviewed very recently.
 >
 > I've read this whole thread and, like John and Matt, I *still* don't
 > know exactly the problem you and Robert are referring to.
 >
 > I think yall should supply a failing test case rather than continue
 > to say "it doesn't work".  At minimum this properly documents the
 > problem.
Conceptually you're allows to have a pointer outside the object it points to;
dereferences of the pointer will include an offset which will bring the
resulting address back into the original object.  This really mucks up the
implicit space register selection on the PA -- space registers are implicitly
selected by the upper 2 bits of the base register (not the effective address!).

I can't remember how to do much of anything in data, but if you wanted to
dig further, you'd want to look for something like "virtual origins" in the
Ada spec.

jeff