Re: patch/proposal: obsolete configurations in 3.1

> > I wouldn't advise dropping the PDP10, since it is making a
> > resurgance due to the emulators that have become available. I
> > believe this target is actually fairly new.
> I'm going to take a position here that I'll likely get flamed for, but
> so be it.

No flames here.

> I can't imagine the PDP-10, even in emulation, being used for new
> development.

XKL, the company that pays for the port, certainly expects to be able
to use it for development of new code.  Of course, the number of
developers will be very small, less than a dozen.

(And anyway, the port in it's current form isn't fit for submission to
the FSF tree.)

--
Lars Brinkhoff          http://lars.nocrew.org/     Linux, GCC, PDP-10,
Brinkhoff Consulting    http://www.brinkhoff.se/    HTTP programming