Re: inline asm string/line break rules change

Andi Kleen wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 14, 2002 at 05:08:35AM -0400, Tim Hollebeek wrote:

> > > That's not an option if you need the other warnings.
> > > And unfortunately this warning cannot be turned off.
> >
> > grep is your friend.
>
> Well, assuming this functionality is really removed as the warning
> threatens to do then this won't help in gcc 3.2, no ?  If it is not
> removed then the warning is completely pointless.

The funtionality is really removed.  And gcc 3.0 did not work well
enough to get extensive use in the RTEMS community, so the warnings
were ignored.  We were more worried about getting all the target
CPUs we cared about working again.

Sounds like the bottom line is that newlib and RTEMS need to change
their
source.

If a script to fix this is so trivial, does someone already have one. :)

> -Andi

   Support Available             (256) 722-9985