Re: libffi related bootstrap failure on sparc-sun-solaris2.8

On 2 Apr 2002, Tom Tromey wrote:
>> I had a successful bootstrap on sparc-sun-solaris2.8, but am (again)
>> seeing the following failure today:
> I think I've seen other reports that 2.8 builds fine.

Mainline built fine a few hours ago; I'm running another mainline build
just right now and will then try the branch again.

> I looked at the config.log snippet you sent.
> This code from the test case fails:
>
>     #if !BYTE_ORDER || !BIG_ENDIAN || !LITTLE_ENDIAN
>      bogus endian macros
>     #endif
>
> How are these macros defined on your system?
> We look for them in sys/types.h and sys/param.h.

These aren't defined in any of these two system files on our Solaris
8/SPARC boxes:

  % egrep 'BYTE_ORDER|BIG_ENDIAN|LITTLE_ENDIAN' /usr/include/sys/{types,param}.h
  /usr/include/sys/param.h:#ifdef _LITTLE_ENDIAN
  /usr/include/sys/param.h:#ifdef _BIG_ENDIAN

However, /usr/include/sys/isa_defs.h is #included by param.h and it has
  #define _BIG_ENDIAN
(Note the underscore!)

> Maybe there is a fixincludes problem of some kind?

sys/param.h and isa_defs.h are no fixincluded on sparc-sun-solaris2.8;
sys/types.h is, but the changes seem unrelated.

> Failing that we can find a way to improve the configure macro in
> question.

Anything I could try?

Gerald