GNAT is a compiler, too

Hi,

I find incidentally that
http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/G---and-GCC.html#G++%20and%20GCC says,

G++ is a compiler, not merely a preprocessor. G++ builds object
code directly from your C++ program source. There is no
intermediate C version of the program. (By contrast, for example,
some other implementations use a program that generates a C
program from your C++ source.) Avoiding an intermediate C
representation of the program means that you get better object
code, and better debugging information. The GNU debugger, GDB,
works with this information in the object code to give you
comprehensive C++ source-level editing capabilities (see C and
C++).

What is the aim of the paragraph, special mention of G++ ?

As we all know, GNAT is a compiler, too.

And because one of myth (or FAQ) for GNAT is "GNAT is a Translator",
I think the GCC *3.1* manual should include some mention of GNAT
similarly as G++.

--
Toshitaka Kumano