Re: GNATS web interface unusable

--On Thursday, March 28, 2002 11:51:30 PM -0700 Tom Tromey
<tromey@redhat.com> wrote:

> Joseph> http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2002-02/msg00692.html
>
> I've never understood the use or meaning of `suspended'.

This is a change of topic, but I believe that one of the single
biggest guidelines in our use of bugzilla be that we modify the
bugzilla source code proper somewhere between "not at all" and
"almost nowhere".  Obviously, hacking up web templates, and using
the designed interfaces for concocting the right set of states and
so forth makes sense, but I'd strongly prefer that we not change
the code itself.

That will make it harder to move the database to another machine,
harder to move it no new versions of bugzilla, and so forth and so
on.

I'm not sure if we're talking about doing this -- but if we are, I
think we should be cautious.

My two cents,