Re: java aliasing rules

>>>>> "Bryce" == Bryce McKinlay <bryce@waitaki.otago.ac.nz> writes:

Bryce> I believe the array length field is not important for aliasing
Bryce> purposes because it is read-only.

Thanks.

Bryce> For Dan's test case, I can get optimal code simply by setting
Bryce> DECL_NONADDRESSABLE_P on all Java FIELD_DECLS (see the patch
Bryce> below), there's doesn't seem to be any need for
Bryce> java_get_alias_set or changes to the generic alias code to get
Bryce> this.

That's a nice patch!

Tom