-Werror-severe

I would like to see -Werror-severe (or perhaps -Werror=bad-function-cast,
or -Wnoerror=unused) as a means of controlling what warnings get to
be treated as errors.

Background: some project (say, the gnome-vfs part of Gnome) use -Werror.
That's a real pain for those of us on different platforms than the
devellopers.  They often introduce things that cause warnings (==errors)
on other platforms -- typically missing prototypes.  Less typical
would be a #pragma in system headers gets hit.

It would be most nice if -Werror could be controlled a bit more than
it currently can.  I really don't want an unused variable to become
an error, but a missing value in a return statement I want the compiler
to barf on right away.

Comments?

Morten