Re: [Ada] Bootstrapping mainline GNAT fails

> Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 18:16:31 +0000
> To: John Marshall <johnm@falch.net>
> Cc: Robert Dewar <dewar@gnat.com>, aoliva@redhat.com, gcc@gcc.gnu.org,
>         kenner@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu, zack@codesourcery.com
> From: Neil Booth <neil@daikokuya.demon.co.uk>

> John Marshall wrote:-

> > On Wed, Mar 20, 2002 at 07:32:21AM -0500, Robert Dewar wrote:
> > >
> > > I know that many people must be getting tired of this thread (one more
> > > argument to go get yourself a thread reading mailer that can easily kill
> > > threads :-)
> >
> > This would be a lot easier if you and Kenner would go get yourselves
> > mailers that produce usable In-Reply-To and/or References headers [1]
> > and thus stop breaking real threading. :-)

> Heh, I thought Robert was asking for it with that comment too.

> Add me to the list of people who'd appreciate it if Robert and Richard's
> mailers maintained mail refs properly.

Ok, so you guys are whining about this...  I wrote some elisp to fudge
it into my email...  I still use /bin/mail.  No jeers from the cheap
seats...  Anyway, this is a test message, let me know if it `looks'
right.  [ fingers crossed ]

In case anybody else does this:

(defun gen-reference ()
  (save-excursion
    (goto-char (point-min))
    (if (looking-at "To: ")
	(let ((case-fold-search t))
	  (if (re-search-forward "^	message-id: " (point-max) t)
	      (let ((word (buffer-substring-no-properties
			   (point)
			   (progn (end-of-line) (point)))))
		(goto-char (point-min))
		(if (re-search-forward "^$")
		    (progn
		      (insert "References: ")
		      (insert word)
		      (insert "\n")))))))))

Glad I don't use vi, as I might have a hard time doing this in vi.