Re: [Ada] Bootstrapping mainline GNAT fails

On Mar 20, 2002, dewar@gnat.com (Robert Dewar) wrote:

> I think the Ada community is more oriented to wanting the latest version.

It shows that I'm not a member of the Ada community :-)

Having heard this from you and from Laurent, I withdraw my objection,
and I'll try to help explain to whatever newcomers express interest in
GNAT why its developers choose to not support bootstrapping with
ancient releases of GNAT.

Thanks for the patience :-)

(Oh, and improvements to e-mail threading will definitely be
appreciated :-)