Re: RCS tags in ada source files

Geoffrey Keating wrote:

> A number of ada source files have comments like:
>
> /****************************************************************************
>  *                                                                          *
>  *                         GNAT COMPILER COMPONENTS                         *
>  *                                                                          *
>  *                               A D A I N T                                *
>  *                                                                          *
>  *                            $Revision: 1.6.8.1 $
>
> This causes problems with branching and merging.

Amen.  Ditto for boehm-gc and other files too.

> Would people prefer:
>
> 1. Using -kb on these files, so that the tags are kept but not changed
>    by CVS; or
> 2. Deleting the tags?

Death to RCS tags!  They're either inaccurate or incomplete; the
former if my CVS import touches them, because the master version
info is overwritten, or the latter, if CVS leaves them alone,
because I don't have info on what "1.72" is supposed to mean in
a repository that I can't access.  Just delete the lot of 'em.

Stan