Re: warning: `%y' yields only last 2 digits of year

	What a silly warning, and what an even sillier option. I sure
	agree with Karel on this one, to whom could such a warning
	possibly be useful?

A more common example that's recently been reported to me by a GCC
user says:

	cast to pointer from integer of different size

and that's apparently without even "-Wall".  The code in question
is an _explicit_ cast: "x = (void *)y".

How about something like "-Wcommon-mistakes" which produces a set of
warnings larger in scope than "-Wall"?  The property "builds cleanly
with -Wall" used to useful.

It'd also be nice if GCC knew enough about `size_t' to generate size-related
warnings even on platforms where they don't occur.

-t