Re: Conditional call instruction

> For the PC-relative branch, that's true, but you can also conditionally
> call to the contents of LR or CTR.  It may be that it's better code
> not to load those registers when the condition is false, though.

If the branch is predicted taken, it's probably best to _do_ load the
register, so prefetch can work.  I say "probably", because I'm not sure
whether any actual chips do prefetch conditional indirect jumps.  Surely
the branch target will have to be loaded into lr/ctr far enough in advance
(the same is true for unconditional indirect jumps).

Segher