Re: support of 128 bit long real on linux for ia32

Winfrid Tschiedel <winfrid.tschiedel@hpc.fujitsu-siemens.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I have a small question concerning the support of
> long double on linux ia32 with gcc v3.x

[...]
> Now my question, is it true, that the precision for both compilations
> is the same, except that for -m128bit-long-double the result of
> sizeof(long double) is 16, while in the other case sizeof(long double) is 12?

Yes, that's true.

> Do plan to enhance your compiler in order to get
> "long double" in C compatible with real(16) in fortran ?

For such types, we would need a software floating point library doing
the computation and possibly changes to C Library and binutils for
supporting this format.  I'm not aware of anybody working on this,

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger
  SuSE Labs aj@suse.de