Re: Status of Bugzilla?

On Sat, 9 Feb 2002, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> I am a big fan of Bugzilla.  I'd be happy to help with setup on the
> gcc.gnu.org side, too.

Will that include the necessary changes to log_accum, to handle appending
log messages to Bugzilla bugs instead of GNATS ones?  (If so, (a) please
document the new version, including the exact syntax - the only GCC
documentation for the existing one seems to be in java/contrib.html - and
(b) please make it handle multiple bug numbers in one commit, rather than
silently ignoring all but one.  It would be nice if it could also close a
bug from a commit, as well as just appending.)

> Has anyone thought about approaching all of the projects on
> gcc.gnu.org/sources.redhat.com and seeing if they want to switch over
> to Bugzilla?  We've discussed it occasionally in gdb-land, too, but
> if gcc is committed to it maybe this is the time to move everything.

Of course that would mean log_accum only then needs to handle one syntax,
rather than both GNATS and Bugzilla.

--
Joseph S. Myers
jsm28@cam.ac.uk