Re: Status of Bugzilla?

On Sunday, February 10, 2002, at 06:53 AM, Joseph S. Myers wrote:

>>> This is because i'm in the middle of reimporting the latest gnats
>>> database, which resets
>>> all the passwords, and clears out the tokens.
>>> Sorry about that.
>>> I can make it reset every password to "1234" on imports until we are
>>> ready
>>> to do the real thing.
>>> That way, you can always know what your password is.
>>>

>> Okay, all passwords now default to "password".
>
> Still doesn't seem to like that, or to accept the password change tokens
> it sends out (though it accepts the cancellation tokens);

Err, I checked this, and it works okay for me. (Both changing passwords,
and the default password being 'password').

>  and a test bug
> report I sent to bugmail yesterday hasn't appeared in the database.

Try it again, i keep forgetting to reset permissions after copying new
versions, so the bugmail user keeps getting permission denied trying to
execute it.
Apache owns the bugzilla installation, and the checksetup script that
you run after resetting the database changes permissions to make it more
secure.
Of course, in doing so, bugmail ends up not being able to access
anything.
If you get *no* response from bugmail, it's a permissions problem.
You should *always* get *some* response.

But if procmail can't execute the script, it just logs that and keeps
moving.