Re: Criteria for a warning to be in -Wall? (was: Re: a warning toimplement)

On Wed, 6 Feb 2002, Joe Buck wrote:

> It seems to me that if we had an optimization level (call it -O0.5, or
> just adjust -O1) in which, at the end of each line, values get flushed
> back to memory, we'd pretty much have it: complicated expressions inside
> one line of code could be optimized as much as you want, but the
> developer in the debugger would see just what he wrote.

I do not think this is enough, if I understand the list discussion right
there is upcoming support for tracking of control flow within source lines
and that would get messed up by your suggestion.

I would guess that it would be better to do it on sequence points (or
something similar) rather than source lines if someone were to implement
it.