Re: Success report on Linux/PPC, small Ada problem

>>What does it say?  "nag screen" is something I associate with shareware.

In the public binary versions, as opposed to the FSF and GNU Pro versions,
large programs generate a message pointing to ACT.

<<The last time this came up, RMS says that he considers Robert Dewar,
rather than ACT the company, to be the official maintainer, though
of course ACT should be acknowledged for its (huge) contribution.
Let RMS, Robert, and ACT work out agreeable language.

I will discuss this with RMS

<<That one I can answer: no only would RMS flip, but the SC promised him
that we'd never allow such things into documentation or the web site.
ACT can do whatever it wants, but the GCC project can't.

So let's make sure what we are talking about here. Most certainly it is
the case that most GNAT ports require the use of proprietary software,
including host operating systems, tools, and libraries (the same is
true of GNU C).