Re: PCH status??

> Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 15:28:44 -0800
> Cc: pcarlini@unitus.it, gcc@gcc.gnu.org, alanm@redhat.com, coola@ngs.ru
> From: Zack Weinberg <zack@codesourcery.com>
>
> On Thu, Jan 31, 2002 at 10:54:45AM -0800, Geoff Keating wrote:
> >
> > A new branch has been created, and I'm working on it.
>
> What is the status of the parametric garbage collection changes, which
> you said were the first step for PCH?  I would like to get those
> merged early in the 3.2 cycle; they will make it much easier to do
> generational GC.

I am presently aiming to have the new GC as one of the first patches
committed after the tree is opened for branch merges.

At present, though, I'm rewriting chunks of the GC changes, because
they proved too hard to maintain.  The new approach should be much
nicer.

I'll let everyone know when I have something to test...

Once the GC stuff is really done, the actual PCH changes are much
safer and can go in incrementally.

--
- Geoffrey Keating <geoffk@geoffk.org> <geoffk@redhat.com>