Re: a warning to implement

On Sun, Feb 03, 2002 at 01:54:07PM +0100, Paolo Carlini wrote:
> > Are there any special keys that make the compiler you used to emit the
> > warning or maybe it warns about such kind of definition by default?
>
> Nice question. In fact, one of them
Have a gross collection of compilers? :-)
> warns *by default*, another only if
> explicitly requested of  "strict ANSI conformance".
But ANSI does not forbids that... So most of the EDG based compilers
probably have non-orthogonal (oblique? ;-)) and inconsistent operation
control options.
> My personal opinion is that such a warning should be definitely available,
> optionally.
Concluding the discussion on the ML, I can say that it's desirable to
have compiler emit the warning when it is run with `-Wall', and, of
course, there should be option for turning off the very warning.
> You have just to go to
>
>     http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl
>
> In my opinion, you should file under "change-request".
done.

                        Yours sincerely, Andrey Urazov
--
Hi!  I'm Larry.  This is my brother Bob, and this is my other brother
Jimbo.  We thought you might like to know the names of your assailants.