Re: GCC 3.0.3 produces large code

> | I don't see any reason why this should be true in general.  What should
> | happen in my view is that a user who has strong ideas like this would
> | be free to sort his/her functions into separate compilation units, using
> | -Os to optimize some for space and -O2 or -O3 to optimize others for
> | speed.
>
> When the small functions are static one used in large fonctions, that
> is no option.
>
> -- Gaby

   Actually I think having #pragmas to set optimisations for invidual
functions would be handy. Some other compilers have this, it's good for
the above reasons, but also incase some optimisation causes a bug in the
compiler, you can work around it more easily. But my idea for the compiler
automatically choosing how to optimise each function was really just me
brainstorming. It'd be a cool "experimental" feature if nothing else:)

      Nicholas