Re: Sparc bogosity

On Thu, 31 Jan 2002, Brad Lucier wrote:
> > ... no-one notices, ...
>
> The bug was inserted on the 21st, it was reported on the 23rd, analyzed
> on the 24th.  There have been more than a dozen messages about it so far.

What we're lacking here is someone who can make a decision.  We have
volunteers.  I can propose a patch once we decide what direction to take.
I can't bootstrap until I get my sparc hardware back, but meanwhile others
can.

Just reverting the offending patch is one possible fix.

> If I wanted to set up your regression tester on one of my sparc servers,
> how would I do it?  I searched the gcc web pages without finding many
> operational details about it.

Once upon a time, I adapted the script in contrib/gcc_build for this.
IIRC it emits a script that can be used to mail results to
gcc-testresults@gcc.gnu.org.

Jeff