Re: Remaining host configuration fragments

On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 11:05:17PM -0800, Mark Mitchell wrote:

> In some cases, we are still trying to support systems with GCC that
> the operating system vendors stopped supporting years ago.  To me,
> this is not an optimal use of scarce resources.
>
> I don't have any good bright-line criteria for making that decision,
> though.

Some candidates for dropping:

Architectures which don't support ELF.
Architectures which were never updated to new varargs.
All configurations based on SVR3 or earlier.
All configurations based on 4.3BSD or earlier.
All configurations based on COFF.

It is not easy to enumerate these.  For the first one, I have a list:

  1750a  c4x      convex   elxsi  ns32k  romp  we32k
  a29k   clipper  dsp16xx  i960   pdp11  vax

(vax is actively maintained, so it could be an exception.)

zw