Re: gcc-ss-20011231 is now available

    I don't see problems for GCC since users of the final GCC 3.1 will not
    have a problem

Yes, they will.  They will *have to* upgrade GDB and they might not want to.
It's one thing to say that we're adding a feature to GCC and in order to take
advantage of it you need the latest GDB, but quite another to say that GDB
will not be able to debug your code *at all* unless you upgrade to a GDB that
was released within a few months of GCC.

I'd really like to get the views of the SC on this matter: I think it's very
harmful to embedded users, who may not be able to switch GDB's easily.