This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] C undefined behavior fix
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at codesourcery dot com>
- To: mike stump <mrs at windriver dot com>
- Cc: dewar at gnat dot com, gdr at codesourcery dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, linux-kernel at vger dot kernel dot org, paulus at samba dot org, trini at kernel dot crashing dot org, velco at fadata dot bg
- Date: 06 Jan 2002 21:37:59 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] C undefined behavior fix
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
- References: <200201061824.KAA19536@kankakee.wrs.com>
mike stump <email@example.com> writes:
| > From: Gabriel Dos Reis <firstname.lastname@example.org>
| > Date: 06 Jan 2002 14:22:45 +0100
| > Isn't the incriminated construct already outside of C and non-portable?
| That has been established and agreed upon. What we are now into is
| pragmatics. You now have to argue why we should not provide this
| feature in some form to users that ask for it.
Personnally, I don't have any sentiment against the assembler
solution. Dewar said it was unnecessarily un-portable, but that the
construct by itself *is* already unportable.