This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] C undefined behavior fix
- From: Florian Weimer <fw at deneb dot enyo dot de>
- To: mike stump <mrs at windriver dot com>
- Cc: torvalds at transmeta dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2002 09:28:29 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] C undefined behavior fix
- References: <200201060649.WAA27248@kankakee.wrs.com>
mike stump <email@example.com> writes:
> if (converting_to_type == interger_type_node
> && TREE_CODE (converting_from_type) == POINTER_TYPE)
> x = build_asm_stmt(NULL_TREE, "", ..., NULL_TREE)
> to add it. Any one want to argue against putting it in?
This comes close to an inspection point, I guess. Perhaps we should
create a built-in function for this instead?
However, I'm still working on a semi-formal description of the
semantics (we probably do not want to have a real inspection point in
all cases, which cannot be optimized away).