This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
RE: problems building cross compilers
- From: "Rupert Wood" <me at rupey dot net>
- To: "'Danish Samad'" <danishsamad at yahoo dot com>
- Cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 11:13:01 -0000
- Subject: RE: problems building cross compilers
Danish Samad wrote:
> Iam facing problems trying to build a cross compiler
> for arm-linux. make exits saying
> error libgcc1.s: asm/unistd.h no such file or
Presumably you've copied over headers from an arm-linux distribution
using '--with-headers'. Most GNU/Linux distributions use symbolic links
into the kernel sources which '--with-headers' doesn't copy correctly.
(Alternatively you may have built your own sys-includes for the cross
compile and forgotten the two directories from the kernel sources).
Make sure that <prefix>/arm-linux/sys-include/asm and -/linux are
directories or working symbolic links. If not, you need to copy the
relevant directories from the kernel source tree.
Hope that helps,