Re: Freeze timing and questions

On Monday, December 17, 2001, at 02:56 , Mark Mitchell wrote:

> I believe that we have already agreed that Ada will not be part of
> this release.
>
> Therefore, I think the Ada people should be free to do whatever they
> like, so long as it does not affect other languages.

I would like to continue integrating ACT changes for a while, since
the integration of the Ada front end is improving quickly. The slow
down in GCC development and hopefully reduced breakage of ports like
Sparc/Solaris
will be a big help in moving forward with various ports.

BTW, I had not heard about the decision to not include Ada in this
release,
but I think that may be a good idea.

   -Geert