This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Input Stream Rewriting (Was: Target-specific Front-Ends?)
- From: Neil Booth <neil at daikokuya dot demon dot co dot uk>
- To: Ziemowit Laski <zlaski at apple dot com>
- Cc: Aldy Hernandez <aldyh at redhat dot com>, Joe Buck <jbuck at synopsys dot com>,Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>,"Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>,"gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 21:57:40 +0000
- Subject: Re: Input Stream Rewriting (Was: Target-specific Front-Ends?)
- References: <20011128204626.B32131@daikokuya.demon.co.uk> <6CDB8854-E446-11D5-BA0B-0030658361CA@apple.com>
Ziemowit Laski wrote:-
> I assume your reasons have to do with performance -- or am I wrong?
That, cleanliness, and the fact that cpplib is a token preprocessor,
not a text preprocessor.