Re: Target-specific Front-Ends? (Was: front end changes for altivec)

On Tue, 2001-11-27 at 17:36, Andi Kleen wrote:
> Aldy Hernandez <aldyh@redhat.com> writes:
> >
> > It would be really nice if you guys contributed your internal changes
> > on a more regular basis.  Stan tells me there lots of Darwin
> > optimizations in the backend that you guys haven't contributed.  It's
> > just easier to get a better overall picture if we're all looking at
> > the same code base.
>
> Perhaps that's because all their patches get shot down in sometimes
> unfair endless unproductive discussions ? (just remembering the "\p..." thread
> some time ago)

hey, i have to go through that too, but it's what a) improves gcc b)
gets the patches in eventually.  sure i have to put in extra work to get
patches in, but at least they make it in and they don't become a
maintenance nightmare-- having 2 separate trees and all.

--
Aldy Hernandez			E-mail: aldyh@redhat.com
Professional Gypsy