This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Loop optimization bug with Ada front end on PPC (and probably Alpha)
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- To: Corey Minyard <minyard at acm dot org>
- Cc: guerby at acm dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 15:26:36 -0500
- Subject: Re: Loop optimization bug with Ada front end on PPC (and probably Alpha)
>>>>> Corey Minyard writes:
> David, you said patches to fix this seemingly known weren't accepted in
> the past, what was the reason?
Corey> I'd like to see the patches. I'm sure someone can make them acceptable :-).
Look for patches over the last six months by Zoltan Hidvegi.
Comments about the patch were that it did not fix all failure cases.
There also were questions whether the patch should fix the optimized code
or disable the optimization.
The current loop optimization code is a mess, but waiting for a
long-term replacement seems to prevent short-term fixes.