This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Loop optimization bug with Ada front end on PPC (and probably Alpha)
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: minyard at acm dot org
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 25 Nov 01 18:08:03 EST
- Subject: Re: Loop optimization bug with Ada front end on PPC (and probably Alpha)
procedure Ada.Tster (S : in out String;
Len : in out Integer) is
You shouldn't use "Ada.". Just "Tster" is fine.
Unfortunately, it's not simple to reproduce this, since you have to
build an Ada cross compiler, and you have to compile this code as part
of the compiler (since you can't compile anything else easily without
having gnatlib compiled and installed)
The latter is not totally true. Just do "make gnatlib" and let it get as
far as the symlinks. It doesn't matter if the compiles blow up (as they will
if you have a cross-compiler with no assembler).
Then, in the object directory, you can just do ./gnat1 -Iada/rts followed by
the location of the test program.