Re: Continuing problems trying to build Ada

<<Maybe it would be a good idea to start trying it, since people are going
to build GNAT with whatever's on the system. In any case, shouldn't the
full bootstrap make up for any deficencies that don't prevent the build?

Maybe and maybe not. Normally we only guarantee that GNAT can be bootstrapped
with the most recent version. We have made an exception for the sources
at gnu.org, and they can definitely be compiled with either 3.13 or 3.14.
But 3.12 is definitely trying something we don't recommend and which may
or may not work. It is not something that ACT is interested in supporting.
But if someone tries it and it works, by all means report it here!
(and then we will know it is OK, as you say, if it seems to work, it
probably is working :-)