This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Moving C to its own directory (was Re: ObjC tree inlining)
- From: "David O'Brien" <obrien at FreeBSD dot org>
- To: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>, Phil Edwards <pedwards at disaster dot jaj dot com>, Neil Booth <neil at daikokuya dot demon dot co dot uk>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 15:38:46 -0800
- Subject: Re: Moving C to its own directory (was Re: ObjC tree inlining)
- Organization: The NUXI BSD group
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: obrien at FreeBSD dot org
On Tue, Nov 20, 2001 at 01:14:42AM -0200, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> It would be best to copy all C-specific CVS files to the
> `c' sub-directory, such that you can still do CVS diffs based on
> dates, but deleting all tags from it, since they were not present in
> older releases.
You *really* don't want to remove tags as that is part of the history and
timeline. There are times the tags can give a lot of implied data.
Instead rename the tags (in FreeBSD we prefix them with "old_").
-- David (obrien@FreeBSD.org)