Re: Using GNATS to track GCC patches

On Sun, 18 Nov 2001, Jakub Jelinek wrote:

> BTW: What's the reason why bugzilla isn't used instead? GNATS doesn't work

What was the status of bugzilla on 24 Aug 1999 (the date the GCC GNATS
database started)?

> at all with some browsers and I wonder what advantages does it give over
> bugzilla. Is it just political issue?

How does bugzilla compare to the wishlist I sent in
<URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-bugs/2001-10/msg00649.html>?  Advocates of
other bug tracking systems can answer for the ones they prefer.  No-one on
gnats-devel answered as to how GNATS 4 compares.

--
Joseph S. Myers
jsm28@cam.ac.uk