Question about backspace command in gcc-g77-3.0.2

  Dear g77 developer :

I downloaded gcc3.0.2 and am using g77. According the following
statement of yours,

g77 doesn't support FORM='PRINT' or an equivalent to translate the
traditional `carriage control' characters in column 1 of output to use
backspaces, carriage returns and the like. However programs exist to
translate them in output files (or standard output). These are typically
called either fpr or asa. You can get a version of asa from
ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/devel/lang/fortran for GNU systems which
will probably build easily on other systems. Alternatively, fpr is in
BSD distributions in various archive sites.

backspace command doesn't work. Also I checked it didn't work. But this
makes me feel really bad because I need the backspace command during
execution. After execution, asa may help. But the backspace command is
absolutely necessary to control files during execution. Is there any
plan to support the backspace command?

I would appreciate you if you inform me of solving this big trouble.

Sincerely,

Youngjean Jung