This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]

Re: i386 bootstrap failure: libiberty/sort.c:134: Unrecognizable insn


	I am seeing a bootstrap failure on AIX (powerpc-ibm-aix4.3.3.0).
I last bootstrapped earlier this week and Aldy bootstrapped with his
Altivec changes, so he doesn't believe that is the cause.  We don't know
exactly which recent changes could have caused this.  I tried reverting
the df.c/h changes and that did not have any effect.

David

./xgcc -B./ -B/gcc/dje/install/powerpc-ibm-aix4.3.3.0-20011109/powerpc-ibm-aix4.3.3.0/bin/ -isystem
/gcc/dje/install/powerpc-ibm-aix4.3.3.0-20011109/powerpc-ibm-aix4.3.3.0/include -O2   -DIN_GCC    -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings
-Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -isystem ./include   -g1 -DHAVE_GTHR_DEFAULT
-DIN_LIBGCC2 -D__GCC_FLOAT_NOT_NEEDED  -I. -I. -I/gcc/dje/src/gcc
-I/gcc/dje/src/gcc/. -I/gcc/dje/src/gcc/config -I/gcc/dje/src/gcc/../include -maix64 -fexceptions
-c /gcc/dje/src/gcc/unwind-dw2.c -o libgcc/ppc64/unwind-dw2.o
/gcc/dje/src/gcc/unwind-dw2.c: In function `execute_cfa_program':
/gcc/dje/src/gcc/unwind-dw2.c:877: Unable to generate reloads for:
(jump_insn 1027 1015 795 (parallel[ 
            (set (pc)
                (if_then_else (ne (reg:DI 44 f12 [326])
                        (const_int 1 [0x1]))
                    (label_ref 1028)
                    (pc)))
            (set (reg:DI 44 f12 [326])
                (plus:DI (reg:DI 44 f12 [326])
                    (const_int -1 [0xffffffffffffffff])))
            (clobber (scratch:CC))
            (clobber (scratch:DI))
        ] ) 483 {*ctrdi_internal1} (insn_list:REG_DEP_ANTI 758
(insn_list:REG_DEP_ANTI 760 (insn_list:REG_DEP_ANTI 787 (insn_list:REG_DEP_ANTI 1015
(insn_list:REG_DEP_ANTI 744 (insn_list:REG_DEP_ANTI 763 (insn_list:REG_DEP_ANTI 780
(insn_list:REG_DEP_ANTI 789 (nil)))))))))
    (expr_list:REG_UNUSED (scratch:CC)
        (expr_list:REG_UNUSED (scratch:DI)
            (expr_list:REG_BR_PROB (const_int 9375 [0x249f])
                (nil)))))
/gcc/dje/src/gcc/unwind-dw2.c:877: Internal compiler error in
find_reloads, at reload.c:3543
Please submit a full bug report, with preprocessed source if appropriate.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]